Saturday 26 March 2016

Von Rechten 2nd Battalion

As promised here is a little post on my latest Saxon battalion plus a few pictures of my army so far. I'm happy to say I now have a full brigade of infantry, if a bit confused with different facing colours. At least they will be able to fight as a brigade until I sort out more battalions!


Again I have made a little video above or if you would prefer to see the pics only please look below.

So this is my very small Saxon army at the moment, 5 battalions (4 line and 1 grenadier). plus a foot battery (minus guns) and a brigade command. I'm very happy with them so far.

My 3 newest battalions

So this is my latest battalion finished, 2nd battalion von Rechten regiment.

I have added a few figures in ticking material through the battalion and I'm really pleased how that turned out.

I also added in a good number (maybe to many?) with grey overalls.

The mounted officer for this battalion is from the new French line with a head swap from a Spanish ADC. It's good to have a new variation to the Saxon mounted officer (thanks to John B for helping me find alternatives!)

There area a couple of new poses in the Saxon line the chap in the ticking trousers is 1 and needed a little work on his neck but when done he is an interesting figure pose. 

I have 2 more yellow faced battalions to do for my 1813 brigades so I'm glad I'm comfortable with my colours for making the yellow.

With these guys finished off I have decided to move onto light cavalry.

I have cleaned up a regiment of von Polenz light cavalry and have started my test figures. Their clean up was tough going with a great deal of thick extra metal between the back of the legs, scabbard and saddle cloth and a thin vine of metal running down the back of some legs, most I've ever seen on AB figures. I have them sorted now and have them all undercoated.
It's such a pretty uniform I'm really looking forward to painting them!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter and Happy Wargaming!!!

27 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

And a magnificent army it is, Paul! Extremely well done.
Add a Jager battalion and some of the glorious (and superb) Saxon cavalry!

warpaintjj said...

These are your prettiest work yet in my opinion. Really colourful and simply superb flags.
Get to work on the cavalry so we can see those too.
Happy Easter,
Jeremy

Stryker said...

Paul - these are simply wonderful!

Phil said...

Excellent!!!!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Agreed. In a word, stunning. Well done.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Phil C said...

gorgeous work Paul - love your AB miniatures Napoleonic collection, marvelous!

cheers,

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

An outstanding collection Paul be any measurement!

Christopher

Furphy said...

Top work Paul as always great attention to detail .
Regards Gav .

Rodger said...

Absolutely wonderful Paul!

Sgt Steiner said...

Superb

Anonymous said...

Truly inspiring, I have always fancied an Austrian army but white uniforms are still too daunting for me.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Peter,
I have a light cavalry regiment on the go at the moment. Von polenz the light infantry and jager won't be far away.

Paulalba said...

Happy Easter to you Jeremy! It's funny how we all like to see the lighter uniforms. I think i painted a number of my Prussian units better but the Saxons are so eye catching.

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Ian!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Phil!

Samuli said...

Superb looking units! Your force really does look very formidable!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Samuli!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much chassepot, I wasn't sure what to do with the whites myself at 1st.

Paulalba said...

Give them a go!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Sargeant!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Rodger!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Gav!!!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Christopher, very much appreciated!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Phil, really kind of you!!!

Paulalba said...

Thank you very much stokes, glad you like them!!!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful start to your Saxons Paul. Quite inspirational ... ... ... and something for your Prussians to focus on! 😃

Salute
von Peter himself

Paulalba said...

Thank you very much VP, I'm sorry to say I've put the Saxons to the side for a bit. I spent days cleaning up a chevauleger regiment and painted the officers yet all the way through found little slithers of excess metal gristle that has dunted my inspiration for them at the moment, I should have stuck to the line! I'm going to work on a few Prussian battalions that I have well on the way. See how long it take for the Saxon mojo to return.